My wonderful brother invited me to share some things about myself with you. Enjoy!
First, 11 things you may not know about me.
1. While applying to college, I had two very different paths in mind. 1) Go to Iowa State and major in Marketing. 2) Go to Wartburg and major in elementary education. Because of financial aid, I chose #2, and my life would never be the same because of that choice.
2. I never want to own a dog.
3. I have a small Etsy shop. Though if you've been reading my tweets lately, you'll notice I've been a little more vocal about it.
4. I document what I wear. I wouldn't say I'm a fashion blogger, but I enjoy looking nice.
5. My first job was at a restaurant called The Garden of Eatin' complete with Adam and Eve on the pizza boxes.
6. I worked running a parts washer machine at a metal factory the summer after my freshman year of college. Just call me Rosie the Rivieter.
7. When I was in college, my brother and I co-hosted a show, "Townsley Time," on the campus radio station. Russ and his buddies were about our only dedicated listeners as we reported on the cafeteria menu and other random things. I did not know him at the time. We met over a year later.
8. I've never been out of the country.
9. We don't do Santa at our house, and I think Elf on a Shelf looks creepy, but I don't voice my opinions about it much.
10. I clip coupons and have had a manager's approval on some of my purchases because of the amount of discount.
11. Pumpkin is my favorite scent and taste. Second is peppermint.
Now onto Matt's questions:
1. What book written prior to 1990 has influenced your professional growth as an educator the most?
Not sure I've ready one prior to 1990 that I can recall right now. I thought Teaching with Love and Logic was old, but that's just 1995.
2. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I wanted to share my thoughts, and I enjoy writing.
3. Which educational author do you disagree with the most?
Any that back up letter grades.
4. What is your favorite fast food joint?
McDonald's for their Frappes and bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit
5. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
Today - I tell my boys all the time.
6.What is most picturesque place you've visited?
Grand Lake Colorado, on the Fourth of July
7. What is your favorite holiday song?
Oh Holy Night
8. What was the last book you read?
Currently reading Allegiant (last in the Divergent trilogy). I'm a junkie for a good dystopian novel.
9. If you could work any job outside of education, what would it be?
I'd own a shop that sells cupcakes and fun accessories.
10. Android or iOS?
iOS - never going back to Android
11. What was the first computer you owned?
An eMachine desktop that looked something like this. I took bought it for college.
I'm supposed to tag bloggers and make a new list of 11 questions, but I just can't think of 11 bloggers. I'm going to have to end the chain, sorry, but this was fun!!